Day 1 – Saturday – Arrive in Prague (D)
- You will be met and transferred to your hotel. There’s time to relax before meeting your fellow travelers and Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner.
Day 2 – Sunday – Prague (B)
- Built on seven hills and both banks of the Vltava River, Prague is one of the most alluring cities in Europe. Your city tour starts with panoramic drive to see famous Wenceslas Square, Strahov Stadium and Castle Square. On a walking tour, visit the Royal Castle of Hradcany with the Cathedral of St. Vitus, the Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica and the Golden Lane with the Daliborka Tower. Cross the Charles Bridge and walk through the old quarter of Prague, viewing the Jewish Ghetto, the Town Hall and the world-famous Astronomical Clock. The rest of the day is free. Perhaps attend an optional cultural performance, shop, or just relax.
Day 3 – Monday – Vienna (B)
- Head to Vienna, the “City of Waltz.” Your time is free in Austria’s lovely capital.
Day 4 – Tuesday – Vienna, (B, D)
- Start the day with a visit to Hofburg Palace, then on to view Belvedere Palace, Prater Amusement Park, the UN Buildings, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and more. The afternoon is at leisure. Tonight, gather for a dinner in a favorite restaurant.
Day 5 – Wednesday – Budapest (B)
- Today, journey to Budapest. The afternoon is free to explore the “Paris of the East”, shop along the Vaci Utca, nibble a delicious slice of apple strudel, sip an excellent Hungarian wine, or perhaps join one of the optional excursions available.
Day 6 – Thursday – Budapest, (B, D)
- In 1873, the twin cities of Buda and Pest joined with ancient Obuda to form a new, unified city, Budapest. Charming and beautiful, the city was declared a World Heritage site in 1987. Your morning sightseeing tour includes views of all the main attractions: The Parliament, Royal Palace and the Castle Hill area, Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church, Heroes’ Square, and Gellert Hill with its Citadel. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore this exciting city on your own. Tonight, enjoy dinner with entertainment in a typical Csarda restaurant.
Day 7 – Friday – Budapest (B)
- After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
Departure Dates for 2019:
- May 11, 25 / Jun 1, 8, 29 / Jul 13 / Aug 3, 31 / Sep 14, 21, 28 / Oct 12
- Rates are subject to change due to seasonality